What are the benefits of agro-based industries in India? Give examples of such industries.
Answer by Student
- The benefits of agro-based industries in India are:
- They help in the development of the rural economy by providing a market for agricultural produce and creating value addition.
- They help in reducing the dependence on imports of agricultural products and saving foreign exchange.
- Some examples of agro-based industries in India are:
- Textile industry: It uses cotton, jute, silk, wool and synthetic fibres as raw materials to produce yarn, fabric, garments and other products.
- Sugar industry: It uses sugarcane as raw material to produce sugar, molasses, ethanol, bagasse and other product