NCERT Solutions of all exercise questions and examples have been solved for Class 8 Maths. Answers to all questions have been solved without missing a step, with detailed explanation of the concepts as well.
In teachoo, each chapter is divided into - Serial Order Wise, and Concept Wise
In Serial Order Wise, the chapter is taught according to the NCERT Book - divided into exercises and examples.
You can check it if you have a doubt in a particular question, click on an exercise link under Serial Order Wise
The Teachoo way of doing a chapter is from Concept Wise.
Each chapter is divided into concepts, first the concept is explained, and then the questions of that concept. Easiest question first, difficult questions later.
This is a great method to do the chapter when you're studying it for the first time, or revising.
In Class 8, the chapters and its topics include
- Chapter 1 Rational Numbers - What are Natural Numbers, Whole Numbers, Integers, Rational numbers. How are they related. Properties of rational numbers like Closure, Commutativity, Associativity, Distributivity. Additiving Identity and Additive Inverse. Multiplicative Identity and Multiplicative inverse. Rational numbers on the number line, Rational numbers between two rational numbers
- Chapter 2 Linear Equations in One Variable - What are Equations, What are linear Equations in one variable, Solving Linear Equations, Making equations from Statements and then solving
- Chapter 3 Understanding Quadrilaterals - Curves - Simple, Closed, Polygons - Convex, Concave, Diagonal of a polygon, Regular and Irregular polygons, Angle sum property of polygons, Sum of exterior angle of a polygon, Interior and Exterior Angle of a Regular Polygon.Type of Quadrilaterals - Trapezium, Kite, Parallelogram, Rhombus, Rectangle, Square and their properties
- Chapter 4 Practical Geometry - Using the properties studied in Chapter 3, we will learn how to construct Quadrilaterals - When four sides and one diagonal are given, When two diagonals and three sides are given, When two adjacent sides and three angles are given, When three sides and two included angles are given, When other special properties are known
- Chapter 5 Data Handling - We learn what is Data, how to represent data - pictograph, bar graph, double bar graph, How to draw a frequency distribution table, drawing a grouped frequency distribution table, reading a histogram, drawing a histogram, Reading a Pie chart (Circle Graph), Drawing a circle graph, Chance, Probability, Finding Probability
- Chapter 6 Squares and Square Roots - What are square numbers, Properties of square number, Unit digit of square numbers, Solving Patterns, Finding squares without multiplication (using properties (a + b)2, (a - b)2), What is a Pythagorean triplet, What is square root, Symbol for Square root, Finding Square root through repeated subtraction, Finding Square root through prime factorisation, Finding Square root by division method (of numbers, as well as decimal numbers)
- Chapter 7 Cubes and Cube Roots - What is a cube, What are Hardy-Ramanujan Numbers, Unit digit of Cubes, Properties of cube numbers, Checking if number is a perfect cube, What is cube root, Symbol for cube root, Finding cube root through prime factorization, Finding cube root through estimation
- Chapter 8 Comparing Quantities - Recalling what are ratios and percentages, how to convert ratio into percentage, finding percentage, Finding increase or decrease percent, Finding discount, discount percentage, Selling Price, Cost Price, Profit or Loss, Profit percentage or Loss percentage, What is simple interest, Compound Interest, Compound Interest Formula, Compound Interest when interest is compounded half yearly, Compound Interest for Fraction years
- Chapter 9 Algebraic Expressions and Identities - What is expression; Terms, Factors and Coefficients of Expressions, What are monomials, binomials, trinomials, polynomials; Like and unlike terms, Addition, Subtraction,Multiplication and Division of Algebraic Expressions, Some Algebra Identities
- Chapter 10 Visualising solid shapes - We learn what is a 3 Dimensional Shape, Front View, Top View, Side View of 3D Objects, How to read a map, and what is scale in a map, Faces, Edges and Vertices of Polyhedrons, and Euler's Formula
- Chapter 11 Mensuration - Perimeter and Area of different Shapes like Rectangle, Square, Triangle, Parallelogram, Circle, Finding Area of Trapezium, Finding Area of a General Quadrilateral, Area of Rhombus, Finding Area of Polygons by dividing it into different parts, Solid Shapes, Lateral (or Curved) Surface Area, Total Surface Area, Volume of Cube, Cuboid and Cylinder
- Chapter 12 Exponents and Powers - What is exponent and base of a number like 1024, Numbers with negative exponents, Law of Exponents with positive and negative powers, Converting very small, and very big numbers into standard form
- Chapter 13 Direct and Inverse Proportions - What is Direct Proportion, examples of things in direct proportion, and some questions on it. Similarly, what is indirect proportion and solving questions with indirect proportion
- Chapter 14 Factorization - We factorise algebra expressions using different methods like - Method of Common Factors, By Regrouping Terms, Using Identities, Using Splitting the middle term method, Dividing Algebra Expressions, Finding Errors in some questions
- Chapter 15 Introduction to Graphs - We remember common graphs like Bar Graph, Double Bar Graph, Circle Graph (Pie Chart), Histogram, We study what is a line graph, How to read a line graph, then what is linear graph, What is a point in the graph, coordinates of a point in the graph, and plotting a linear graph
- Chapter 16 Playing with Numbers - In this chapter, we will do some questions where we need to find letters while doing addition or multiplication, and then we will study divisibility of numbers and solve some questions
Note: When you click on a link in the chapter, the first question will be opened. To check other questions and concepts, you can click on next or check the arrowed list which has the list of questions. Important Questions have also been marked
Click on a chapter below to get started.