Get NCERT Solutions of every exercise question and examples of Class 6 Maths. Answers to all the questions have been solved step-by-step with concepts of each chapter also explained.
For Class 6, we have divided the chapter into two parts - Serial Order Wise and Concept Wise.
Just like in the NCERT, we have exercises and examples. In Serial Order Wise, we have exercises and questions. And their solutions.
You can click on any exercise link to find the answer to particular question.
That is not the best way of studying.
The best way is Teachoo's (टीचू) way - Concept wise.
In Concept wise, the chapter is divided into concepts. First the concept is explained, and then the questions of that concept is solved. Questions are ordered from easy to difficult.
This is the best to revise the chapter, as well as to do it the first time.
In the NCERT of Class 6 Maths, the chapters and topics in them are:
- Chapter 1 Knowing Our Numbers - What is a number, Place value of numbers, Indian Number System, International Number System, Writing commas, Comparing Large numbers, Addition, Subtracting, Multiplying, Dividing Large Numbers, What is estimation, Rounding off, Rounding off to nearest tens, hundreds, thousands, General Rule for Rounding off, Roman Numerals, Writing numbers in Roman Numerals
- Chapter 2 Whole Numbers - Natural Numbers, Whole Numbers, Predecessor, Successor, Writing whole numbers in number line, Properties of Whole Numbers - Closure, Commutativity, Associativity,
- Chapter 3 Playing with Numbers - Factors, Multiples, Properties of Factors, and Multiples, Prime and Composite Numbers, Prime numbers upto 100, Tests of divisibility - Divisibility by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. Common Factors and Common Multiples, More Divisibility Rules, Highest Common Factor (HCF), Least Common Multiple (LCM), Statement questions on LCM and HCF
- Chapter 4 Basic Geometrical Ideas - We study basic geometry shapes like Point, Line, Line Segment, Ray, Intersecting Lines, Parallel Lines, Curves - Simple, Closed, Open, Polygons, Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles
- Chapter 5 Understanding Elementary Shapes - In this chapter, we will learn - different ways to measure length of a line segment, Straight and Right angles as revolution, Straight and right angles in a clock, Acute, Obtuse and Reflex Angles, Measuring angles using Protractor, Perpendicular lines, Perpendicular bisectors, Classifying Triangles on the basis of side and angles, Quadrilaterals and different types of Quadrilaterals, Polygons, Polygons with n sides, Some common 3 Dimensional Shapes
- Chapter 6 Integers - What are negative numbers, What are integers, Integers on the number line, Adding and subtracting integers, Add and Subtract Integers using Number line
- Chapter 7 Fractions - What are fractions, finding fractions, drawing fractions on the number line, Proper Fractions, Improper Fractions, Mixed Fractions, Converting fractions to mixed fractions, Equivalent Fractions, Simplest form of fractions, Like and Unlike Fractions, Comparing fractions, Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Chapter 8 Decimals - What are Decimal Numbers, Tenth, Hundredth, Thousandth in a Number, Place Value of Decimal Numbers, Writing words to numbers, Decimals to Fractions, Writing Decimals on the Number Line, Converting mm to cm, cm to m, g to kg, Writing Decimals to Fractions, Comparing Decimals, Addition and Subtraction of Decimals,
- Chapter 9 Data Handling - What is Data, Frequency Distribution Table, Tally Marks, Reading a pictograph, drawing a pictograph, Reading a bar graph, Drawing a bar graph,
- Chapter 10 Mensuration - What is perimeter, Perimeter of Square, Rectangle, Equilateral Triangle, Finding area by counting the squares, Finding Area of Rectangle, Area of Square,
- Chapter 11 Algebra - Forming letters using matchsticks, What is a variable, Perimeter Formulas as Variable, Commutativity, Associativity, Distributivity as variables, What is an expression, Converting statement to algebra expressions with variable, What is an equation, Finding solutions of an equation by trial and error
- Chapter 12 Ratio and Proportion - What are rations, finding ratios, ratios and fractions, finding ratios with different units, finding equivalent ratios, What is proportion, Unitary method
- Chapter 13 Symmetry - What is symmetry, what are symmetrical objects, Drawing line of symmetry, completing figures with line of symmetry given, figures with more than 1 line of symmetry, Line of symmetry of common figures, Line of symmetry of Alphabets, Reflection Symmetry
- Chapter 14 Practical Geometry - How to draw constructions, tools used in construction, drawing a circle when radius is known, Constructing a line segment of given length, Copying a line segment, Drawing perpendicular to a line through a point on it and not on it - using compass, and using set squares, Drawing perpendicular bisector of a line segment, Drawing an angle using protractor, Copying an unknown angle, Drawing an angle using compass
Note: When you click on a topic link, or an exercise link - the first question will open. To check other concepts or questions of that exercise, there is a list with arrows at the bottom of the page. You can check all the questions from it.
Or you can also click next and do questions one by one.
Important questions are also marked for your reference.
Click on a chapter link below to get started.