NCERT Solutions of all execise questions and examples of Chapter 5 Class 6 Understanding Elementary Shapes is available free at teachoo. Each and every question is explained in an easy to understand way.
In the last chapter, we studied some basic shapes like line, line segment, angle, triangle, quadrilateral, polygon.
In this chapter, we will learn
- How to compare length of line segments - using observation, tracing and divider & ruler
- Right and straight angle in terms of revolutions
- Right angle and straight angle in a clock
- Acute, Obtuse and Reflex Angles
- Measuring angles using protractor
- Measure of right angle, straight angle, reflex angle, acute angle, obtuse angle
- Perpendicular lines and
- Perpendicular bisector
- Classifying triangles based on sides - scalene, isosceles, equilateral triangle
- and on angles - acute, obtuse, right angled triangles
- Different types of quadrilaterals like - Kite, Trapezium, Parallelogram, Rhombus, Rectangle, Square
- Different types of polygons - Triangle, Quadrilateral, Pentagon, Hexagon, Heptagon
- Introduction to 3 Dimensional Shapes - Cube, Cuboid, Cylinder, Cone, Sphere,
Click on exercise link below to study from the NCERT Book way.
Or you can study the teachoo way. Click on a topic below to study the concept first, and then the questions. Questions have been ordered from easy to difficult for your reference.
Click on a topic below to begin