How did the Non-Cooperation Movement unfold in the cities and towns of India?
The Non-Cooperation movement unfolded in the cities and towns of India in the following way:
- It started with middle-class participation in the cities.
- Government run schools, colleges were abandoned.
- Lawyers gave up their practice .
- Foreign goods were boycotted , liquor shops picketed, foreign cloth burnt.
- As a result of the increased demand for indigenous items , production in Indian mills and handlooms surged.