The leaves of a plant were covered with aluminium foil, how would it affect the physiology of the plant?
As the leaves are covered in Aluminium, the plant will not receive sunlight for photosynthesis.
- Hence no Photosynthesis will occur in the leaves.
- No photosynthesis will occur so no glucose will be made and hence the plant would be food/energy deficient .
- Also no respiration will take place as no Oxygen will be taken in due to blocked stomata .
- No transpiration will occur so there would be no upward movement of water or minerals from the soil as there will be no transpirational pull due to water being unable to escape into the atmosphere.
- Temperature regulation of leaf surface will be affected.