Which of the following is the correct observation of the reaction shown in the above set up?
- Brown powder of Magnesium oxide is formed.
- Colourless gas which turns lime water milky is evolved.
- Magnesium ribbon burns with brilliant white light.
- Reddish brown gas with a smell of burning Sulphur has evolved.
When a magnesium ribbon is burnt, the following reaction takes place:
- The reaction takes place with a flash of bright white light .
Therefore, the correct answer is (c) Magnesium ribbon burns with brilliant white light.