Plastic insulation surrounds a wire having diameter d and length l as shown above. A decrease in the resistance of the wire would be produced by an increase in the
- length l of the wire
- diameter d of the wire
- temperature of the wire
- thickness of the plastic insulation
- Resistance is directly proportional to the resistivity of the material, and length of the wire.
- It is inversely proportional on the Area of the wire.
- Therefore, the resistance of the material would only decrease with an increase in area .
- This can be done by increasing the diameter .
The correct answer is (b) diameter d of the wire