The diagram shown below depicts pollination. Choose the options that will show a maximum variation in the offspring.
- A, B and C
- B and D
- B, C and D
- A and C
Here, 2 different forms of pollination have been shown in the diagram.
- A and C show Self Pollination .
- B and D show Cross Pollination .
- In self pollination , the pollen grain is transferred from the anther to the stigma of the same flower .
- Variation does not occur in Self-pollination.
- In Cross Pollination , the pollen grain is transferred from the anther of one flower to the stigma of another flower .
- This leads to variation in the next generation.
Therefore, the correct answer is (b) B and D