These consist of two statements – Assertion (A) and Reason (R). Answer these questions selecting the appropriate option given below:
- Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
- Both A and R are true and R is not the correct explanation of A
- A is true but R is false
- A is False but R is true
Assertion: Silver bromide decomposition is used in black and white photography.
Reason: Light provides energy for this exothermic reaction.
- Silver Bromide is used in Black and White photography as it undergoes a decomposition reaction when exposed to light to give silver and bromine.
- This reaction is known as photolysis reaction.
- It is not an exothermic reaction .
Therefore, the correct answer is (c) A is true but R is false.