Identify the types of reaction mentioned above in (i) and (ii). Give one example for each type in the form of a balanced chemical equation.
- The given reaction is a displacement reaction .
- Element A displaces element B from compound BC to form compound AC .
For Example -
2. ven reaction is a Double Displacement Reaction .
- The negative and positive ions in compounds AB and CD displace each other to form 2 new products AC and BD.
Examples of Double Displacement reactions can be given by -
- Na 2 SO 4 (aq) + BaCl 2 (aq) → BaSO 4 (s) + 2NaCl(aq)
- 2KI + Pb(NO 3 ) 2 - > 2KNO 3 + PbI 2