With the reference to four gases CO2,CO, Cl2 and O2, which one of the options in the table is correct?
Used in treatment of water
Product of respiration
Product of incomplete combustion
|(a)||CO||Cl 2||O 2||CO|
|(b)||CO 2||Cl 2||CO 2||CO|
|(c)||CO 2||O 2||O 2||CO 2|
|(d)||CO||O 2||CO 2||CO 2|
Oxides that produce
when added to water are
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a Neutral Oxide .
- Carbon Dioxide is an Acidic Oxide and produces Carbonic Acid ( H 2 CO 3 ) when added to water.
- Cl 2 is used in the treatment of water.
- Respiration is a biological process that produces energy in an organism. It uses O 2 as a reactant and gives CO 2 as a product.
- Incomplete combustion produces Carbon monoxide (CO) as a result.
Therefore, the correct answer is (b) CO 2 , Cl 2 , CO 2 , CO