Male Reproductive System
We know that Humans reproduce by Sexual Reproduction. The process by which humans reproduce is explained here .
Humans have 2 types of reproductive systems:
- Male Reproductive System
- Female Reproductive System
In this page, let’s look at the Male Reproductive System
The male reproductive system consists of the following organs:
- These are the primary sex organs in male.
- They produce the male reproductive cells or male gametes also known as sperms.
- They also produce the male sex hormone i.e. testosterone .
- The testes are located outside the abdominal cavity in small muscular sacs known as scrotum. This is because sperm production requires a temperature 2-3 o lesser than the normal body temperature.
It is a coiled tube which temporarily stores sperm .
3. Vas Deferens
- It is a long tube which receives the sperms from epididymis and transfers them to another tube called urethr a.
- Along the path of vas deferens, the glands called seminal vesicles and prostate gland add their secretions which provides a liquid medium for the sperms to travel easily and also provides nourishment to them.
- This liquid along with sperms is known as semen.
- It carries the sperm to an organ called penis which opens outside the body.
- It acts as a common passage for sperms and urine and it passes them to penis.
- The penis opens outside the body.
- It passes the sperm to the female's vagina during intercourse.