Briefly describe any two non-conventional sources of energy.
Points to Remember
Answer to be written in exam
Non - Conventional sources of energy are:
- Solar Energy - It is obtained by photovoltaic technology that converts sunligh t directly into electricity .
- Wind Energy - This is obtained by harnessing the kinetic energy created by air in motion.
- Nuclear Energy - It is obtained by altering the structure of atoms . When such an alteration is made, much energy is released in the form of heat and this is used to generate electric power .
- Geothermal Energy -It refers to the heat and electricity produced by using the heat from the interior of the Earth .
- Tidal Energy - It is obtained by harnessing energy from sea tides and converting it into electricity.
Write any 2 points.