A cable manufacturing unit tested few elements on the basisof their physical properties.
Which of the above elements were dicarded for usage by the company?
(A) W, X, Y
(B) X, Y, Z
(C) W, X, Z
(D) W, X, Z
- Metals can be beaten into thin sheets , this property of metals is called malleability .
- The ability of metals to be drawn into thin wires is called ductility .
A Cable Manufacturing company makes cables (thin wire). Thus, it needs
- Elements which are malleable
- Elements which are ductile
- Elements which conduct electricity
- And, elements which have high melting point
A cable manufacturing unit will discard elements with
- low malleability,
- low ductility
- low melting point.
- And it will also discard elements which don’t conduct electricity
From our options
- W cannot be discarded as it has all desired characteristics
- X is discarded because it is not malleable
- Y is discarded because it is not malleable
- Z is discarded because it does not conduct electricity
Hence, from this view elements X, Y, and Z should be discarded.
So, the correct answer is (b)