Assertion: Fresh milk in which baking soda is added, takes a longer time to set as curd.
Reason: Baking soda decreases the pH value of fresh milk to below
- Fresh milk in which baking soda is added is more alkaline in nature,
- therefore, acid produced to set into curd will be neutralized by baking soda added by milkmen.
- Hence, it takes a longer time to set as curd.
- After adding baking soda to the milk, it becomes more alkaline in nature, i.e, basic in nature.
- So, pH of the milk would be increased to above 7
- Assertion is true
- Reasoning is false
So, the correct answer is (c)