Subscribe to our Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZBx269Tl5Os5NHlSbVX4Kg
In Electromagnetic Induction, we saw that we can induce electric current by
- Moving wire in a fixed Magnetic Field
- Changing magnetic field keeping Wire fixed
But, how to find Direction of Induced Current?
We find Direction of Induced Current Using Fleming's Right Hand Rule
On our Right Hand,
We put our Thumb, Index finger and Middle Finger perpendicular to each other as shown below
- Our Thumb represents Direction of Motion of Conductor
- Index Finger represents Direction of Magnetic Field
- Middle Finger shows direction of Induced current
To remember this, remember FBI
- F - Force or Motion
- B - Magnetic Field
- I - Induced Current
Note : FBI is used to remember both Left and Right Rule.
But, always remember... For Induced Current , we use Right Hand Rule
Let's do some questions
What is the direction of induced current in the below figure?
Find Direction of Induced Current in the figure below
Given Direction of Magnetic Field and Motion. Use Fleming's Right Hand Rule to Find Direction of Induced Current