List four properties of magnetic field lines.
Properties of magnetic field lines are:
- Field lines arise from the North pole and end into the South pole of the magnet.
- Field lines are closed curves .
- Field lines are closer in stronger magnetic fields.
- Field lines never intersect each other as for two lines to intersect, there must be two directions of magnetic field at a point, which is not possible.
- Direction of field lines inside a magnet is from South to North.
- The relative strength of the magnetic field is shown by the degree of closeness of field lines.