“Dense and efficient network of transport is a prerequisite for local and national development.” Analyse the statement.
(Board Delhi Set-I, 2018)
Points to remember
- Transport network is required for movement of goods and services.
- Transport helps in both the production and distribution of goods.
- Supports all sectors of the economy.
Answer to be written
A dense and efficient network of transport is a prerequisite for local and national development-
- Every day, goods and services are needed, whether for personal use or for any sector. They do not simply migrate from supply sites to local demand. Transport is required in order to carry these products and services from the point of supply to the point of demand.
- They aid in the quick delivery of consumer goods to markets and customers.
- A well network offers rapid assistance at times of tragedy, conflict, famine , and flooding.
- As a result, the production of goods and services, as well as their movement over time and space, affects how quickly a nation develops.
*Write any 3 points