Which of these statements about national development is TRUE?
- Only countries with a varied population will have high national development.
- Different development goals may be conflicting for a country's development.
- Any one attribute can be used to compare the national development of two countries.
- National development can be measured by calculating the total income of the population
(Cbse practice Question paper, Q- 48)
So, the correct answer is (B): Different developmental goals may be conflicting fo a country’s development.
- Different persons have different notions of development and development goals because life situations of people are different .
- Two persons or groups of persons, at times may seek conflicting things .
- What may be developed for one may not be developed for the other . It may even be destructive to others.
- Construction of dams can be a developmental goal for the industrialist as it produces electricity but at the same time people residing near to dam area have to displace from their villages, So, it not be a development for them .