- Vinoba Bhave was declared as Mahatma Gandhi's spiritual heir.
- He participated in Satyagraha and was a follower of Gandhi's concept of gram swarajya.
- After Gandhi's death, Vinoba Bhave undertook a padyatra to spread Gandhi's message across India.
- In Pochampalli , some poor landless villagers demanded land for their economic well-being, and Vinoba Bhave suggested cooperative farming to the government as a solution.
- Shri Ram Chandra Reddy stood up and offered 80 acres of land to be distributed among 80 landless villagers, which was known as 'Bhoodan'.
- Later, Vinoba Bhave traveled and introduced his ideas widely all over India, and some zamindars offered to distribute some villages among the landless, known as Gramdan.
- This movement initiated by Vinoba Bhave is known as the Bhoodan-Gramdan movement or the Blood-less Revolution.
Bhoodan - Gramdan - Concepts - Chapter 4 Class 10 Geography - Agriculture - Geography
Last updated at July 10, 2023 by Teachoo