What do you mean by genetic engineering and how it is relevant to agriculture?
Genetic engineering is a valuable tool for inventing new hybrid varieties of seeds. Due to the implementation of the gene revolution, genetic engineering becoming popular for various reasons.
Relevance of genetic engineering in the field of agriculture :
- Agricultural scientists can use genetic engineering to transfer desirable genes from one plant or animal to another.
- Application of genetic engineering in the agricultural field results in high crop productivity.
- Farmers reduced the use of insecticides and pesticides.
- It also helps to enhance food security for long-term production.
- For example: Corn, soybeans, and cotton have been genetically altered.