How did the Civil Disobedience Movement come into force in various parts of the country? Explain with examples.
Points to Remember
- Thousands broke the salt law .
- Foreign cloth was boycotted
- Peasants refused to pay revenue
- forest people violated forest laws
- Strike by workers.
Answer to be written in the exam
- Thousands in different parts of the country broke the salt law , manufactured salt, and demonstrate d in front of the government salt factories .
- Foreign cloth was boycotted and liquor shops were picketed.
- Peasants refused to pay revenue and chowkidar taxes and village officials resigned .
- In many places forest people violated forest laws - going into Reserved Forests to collect wood and graze cattle .
- Railway workers, Dock workers, Coal-mine workers of Chota Nagpur, etc. participated in protest rallies and boycott campaigns . Women also participated in large numbers