Examine the multi-pronged aspects of Information Technology and Electronics Industry.
Points to Remember :
- Electronics industry covers wide range of products.
- Electronic capital of India is Bengaluru.
- There are 18 software technology parks.
- It employs a lot of people and gives jobs to them.
- 30% of the workforce is women.
- Major foreign exchange earner and gives rise to the growing BPO sector in India.
Answer to be written in exam :
- The electronics industry covers a wide range of products from transistor sets to television,telephones, cellular telecom, pagers, telephone exchange, radars, computers and many other equipment required by the telecommunication industry.
- The electronic capital of India is BENGALURU. Other centers for electronic goods are : Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata, Lucknow and Coimbatore.
- 18 software technology parks provide single window service and high data communication facilities to software experts.
- This industry has highly impacted employment generation in the country.
- It is encouraging to know that 30% of the people employed in this sector are Women.
- The Information and Communications industry has been a major foreign exchange earner in the last two or three years because of its fast growing Business Processes Outsourcing (BPO) sector.
- The continued growth in the hardware and software departments is the key to the success of the IT Industry in India.
*Write any 5 points