‘Manufacturing sector is considered as the backbone of general and economic development.’ Examine the statement in the context of India.
Points to remember :
- Manufacturing the backbone of economic/ general development.
- Modernizes agriculture.
- Reduces dependence of people on agriculture, by giving them jobs in other sectors.
- Eradicates poverty and unemployment.
- Reduces regional disparities.
- Makes the country prosperous, brings foreign exchange and
- helps in economic growth.
Answer to be written in exam :
- It is true that the, Manufacturing sector is considered as the backbone of general and economic development.
- Manufacturing Industries help in modernizing agriculture ,which is the largest employer of people in our country.
- They reduce heavy dependence of people on Agriculture by providing them jobs in secondary and tertiary sectors.
- Industrial development also helps in eradication of poverty and unemployment from our country.
- It brings down regional disparities by establishing industries in remote areas, backward and tribal areas.
- Export of manufactured goods expands trade and commerce which contributes highly to the country’s economy and brings in foreign exchange.
- India’s prosperity lies in increasing and diversifying its manufacturing industries.
*Write any 5 points