Let's do a quick revision
What is Light?
Light is a form of energy
Light helps us see objects
What is reflection of light?
When a ray of light strikes a mirror, it is reflected in a different direction
Laws of Reflection
There are 2 laws of Reflection
- The Incident ray, Reflected ray and the Normal, all lie in the same plane
- The Angle of Incidence is always equal to Angle of Reflection
Image formed by plane mirror
In a plane mirror, image formed is behind the mirror
It looks like
Properties of Image formed in Plane Mirror
- Image is formed behind the mirror
- Image is Virtual(Not real) and erect.
- Image formed is of same size
- The image formed is at the same distance behind the mirror as the object is in front of it.
What do we mean by real and virtual images?
Real images are formed in front of the mirror
Virtual images are formed behind the mirror
Example - Plane mirror forms Virtual image
What do we mean by erect and inverted image?
Erect image is a straight image
Inverted image is upside down
Example - Plane mirror forms Erect image