- They are bilaterally symmetrical, with a reduced coelomic cavity and little segmentation.
- The size of a body varies from a microscopic to a giant form such as Octopus of up to 50 feet.
- The coelomic cavity is reduced.
- They have an open circulatory system and kidney-like organs for excretion.
- The muscular foot helps in locomotion.
- Digestive tract has a simple structure.
- They are mostly found in marine and freshwater. Very few are terrestrial and found in moist soil.
- In some animals, sensory organs of touch, smell, taste, equilibrium and vision.
For Example: Snails, Mussels, Octopus