Sublimation in daily life:
- Air fresheners : Solid air fresheners used in washrooms and cars sublime into the gaseous state. The particles of gas, on moving through the room brings about a good smell
- Naphthalene mothballs undergo sublimation to escape into the gas phase. These vapors drive away moths and other fiber insects in a process to protect clothes.
- Ice crystals are seen in packets and containers of frozen foods. This is a result of sublimation of the frozen foods.
- Purification of metals can be done through sublimation. Certains metals, especially alloys are heated under controlled conditions to transform to gaseous state followed resulting in purification.
- Sublimation of ice and snow can also be seen during the winter months