Get Notes, NCERT Solutions, Worksheets, Extra Questions, MCQs (with answers) of Chapter 1 Class 9 Science - Matter in our Surroundings.
This is Chapter 1 of our Class 9 NCERT book, and comes under Chemistry Class 9.
In this chapter, we will learn
- What is Matter
- Physical Nature of Matter
- Characteristics of Particles of Matter
- And activity to show particles exist in matter
- States of Matter - Solid, Liquid and Gas
- Properties of Solids, Liquids and Gases, and their difference
- Diffusion in Solids, Liquids and Gases
- Interconversion of Different States of Matter
- Effect of Pressure on Change of States of Matter
- Effect of Temperature on Change of State of Matter
- What is Evaporation
- What is Vaporisation
- What is Condensation
- Sublimation - Definition, Real Life Examples
- What are fluids
For your practice, in addition to solving the NCERT Questions and Questions from Inside the book... we have also provided
- Concept Notes - With each and every concept explained with images and flow charts.
- Teachoo Questions - which includes Extra Questions, Multiple Choice Questions, and their answers
- Multiple Choice Questions - All types of MCQs including Assertion Reasoning questions, and Case Based Questions (There are questions from NCERT Exemplar as well
There are also questions related to the concept at the bottom.