Just like we use Kinetic Energy of Tides to make Tidal Energy,
We use Kinetic Energy of Waves to make Wave Energy.
Waves are generated due to winds blowing across the surface of the sea.
Different devices are used to trap wave energy.
Advantages of using Wave Energy
- It is a renewable source of energy
- It is environment friendly as it does not cause pollution
- There are a number of ways to harness wave energy
- It does not cause any damage to earth
Disadvantages of using Wave Energy
- Wave energy can only be used in areas where Waves are very strong
- Since the waves are erratic, the energy produced from wave energy is unpredictable. So, it is not a reliable source of energy
- The initial set-up costs are high
- It can harm the marine ecosystem
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel - https://you.tube/teachoo