d) Which fast and very effective wireless transmission medium should preferably be used to connect the head office at DELHI with the campus in CHENNAI?
Answer by student
The fast and very effective wireless transmission medium that should preferably be used to connect the head office at DELHI with the campus in CHENNAI is microwave .
Detailed answer by teachoo
A wireless transmission medium is a physical medium that carries data signals without using any physical link, such as air, water, or vacuum. There are different types of wireless transmission media, such as infrared, radio wave, microwave, satellite, etc. Each type has its own characteristics in terms of speed, distance, noise immunity, security, and cost.
For connecting the head office at DELHI with the campus in CHENNAI, a possible wireless transmission medium is the microwave , which is a type of electromagnetic wave with a frequency range of 1 GHz to 300 GHz. The microwave has the following benefits:
- It provides very high speed and bandwidth
- It can cover long distances (up to thousands of kilometers) without signal degradation
- It is immune to atmospheric interference and noise
- It is secure and difficult to tap.
Microwave is preferred over the other wireless transmission media because:
- It has higher speed and bandwidth than infrared and radio wave
- It has lower signal loss and interference than infrared and radio wave
- It has higher security and privacy than infrared and radio wave
- It has lower cost and complexity than satellite
So, the correct answer is microwave .