Prasad has a saturated alcohol X of chemical formula C 4 H 9 OH.
(b) How do the chemical properties of X compare with those of Y? Give reason for your answer.
- X and Y are of the same homologous series .
- Compounds belonging to the same series have similar properties .
- The presence of a functional group would decide if they have similar properties , regardless of the length of the carbon chain.
- Here, they are both from the alcohol functional group.
- The chemical properties of X and Y will be similar.
- Both X and Y are have an alcoholic functional group which determines their chemical properties.