What are the different ways in which individuals with a particular trait may increase in a population?
Individuals with a particular trait may increase in a population due to Natural selection and Genetic drift .
For Example -
- The variation became a common characteristic due to its survival advantage .
- This is known as Natural Selection - An adaptation to fit in the environment better.
- Natural Selection was introduced as a concept by Charles Darwin.
- Accidents in small populations can change the frequency of some genes in a population
- This is known as Genetic Drift .
- This is not a survival advantage . It happens purely due to chance.