- Ploughing along the contour lines can slow down the flow of water down the slopes.
- Terrace cultivation can be brought into practice as it restricts erosion.
- Western and Central Himalayas have well developed terrace farming.
- Strip cropping can be done by growing strips of grass between the crops.
- Planting lines of trees to create shelter.
- Shelter belts have contributed significantly to the stabilisation of sand dunes and in stabilising the desert in Western India.
Soil Conservation - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 10 Geography - Resources and Development - Geography
Last updated at July 3, 2023 by Teachoo