- The denudation of the soil cover and subsequent washing down is described as soil erosion.
- Human activities like deforestation , overgrazing , construction and mining on the other hand natural forces like Wind , glacier and water also lead to soil erosion.
- The running water cuts through the clayey soils and makes deep channels as Gullies.
- The land which becomes unfit for cultivation is termed as Bad land.
- In Chambal basin bad land is termed as ravines.
- When water flows as a sheet over large areas down a slope , in such cases the top of the soil is washed away. This is known as Sheet erosion.
- Wind blowing loose soil off flat or sloping land is known as wind erosion .
- Defective measures of farming also lead to soil erosion .
- Ploughing in the wrong way and quick flow of wate r leads to soil erosion.
Soil Erosion - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 10 Geography - Resources and Development - Geography
Last updated at July 3, 2023 by Teachoo