- Land is a natural resource of utmost importance.
- India has land under a variety of relief features namely; mountains, plateaus, plains and islands.
- About 43 percent of the land area is plain , which provides facilities for agriculture and industry.
- Mountains account for 30 per cent of the total surface area of the country and ensure perennial flow of some rivers , providing facilities for tourism and ecological aspects.
- About 27 per cent of the area of the country is the plateau region. It possesses rich reserves of minerals , fossil fuels and forests.
Land under important Relief features in India