- Planning is a widely accepted strategy for judicious use of resources.
- In India , there are regions which can be considered self sufficient in terms of the availability of resources and there are some regions which have acute shortage of some vital resources .
- Jharkhand , Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh are rich in minerals and coal deposits.
- Arunachal Pradesh has abundance of water resources but lacks in infrastructural development.
- The state of Rajasthan is well endowed with solar energy and wind energy but lacks in water resources.
- Ladakh is relatively isolated from the rest of the country . It has a very rich cultural heritage but it is deficient in water, infrastructure and some minerals.
Coal Mine in Jharkhand and Solar power plant in Thar desert in Rajasthan