- Human activities like deforestation , overgrazing , mining and quarrying has significantly led to land degradation.
- Mining sites are abandoned leaving deep scars and traces of over burdening .
- In states like Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh , Madhya Pradesh and Odisha deforestation due to mining has caused severe land degradation .
- In states like Gujarat , Rajasthan , Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra overgrazing is one of the main reasons for land degradation.
- In states of Punjab, Haryana , Western Uttar Pradesh , over irrigation is the reason for land degradation.
- Industrial effluents as waste have become a major source of land and water degradation.
Reasons for Land Degradation