This question was asked in (Board Term-II, 2015)
Briefly describe the process of German unification.
Points to Remember
The process which led to the German unification was
- German identified as l oose confederation of 39 states
- Creation of nation state
- Prussia became leader of German unification movement
- Otto von Bismarck was the architect of the process
- Unification completed after Prussia won .
- William I proclaimed German king.
Use any 3 points and elaborate on them
Answer to be written in the exam
The nationalist feelings were strong in the hearts of people of German, especially the middle class.
- Germany was identified as a l oose configuration of 39 states , in the Vienna Congress 1815.
- Prussia emerged as the l eader of the German unification system and its Chief Minister, Otto von Bismarck emerged as the ar chitect of this process.
- Prussia won wars with Austria, Denmark and France and William I was then proclaimed as king of unified Germany.