This question was asked in (Board Delhi/OD, 2019)
Describe the role of Romanticism in developing nationalist feelings among Europeans during nineteenth century.
Points to Remember
Role of Romanticism in developing nationalist feeling among the Europeans was
- Movement originated in the 18th century.
- Based on inspiration, subjectivity and primacy of the individual.
- Reason and science was criticized.
- Importance of Folk culture of the nation.
- Emphasis on Vernacular Language.
We use any 3 points and elaborate on them
Answer to be written in the exam
Romanticism was a movement that originated in the late 18th century. It was a movement in the arts and literature.
- Focus was laid on emotions, intuitions and mystical feelings and glorification of reason and science was criticized.
- It was believed that through folk culture, folk songs and folk dances the spirit of nation can be popularized.
- Vernacular language was given more importance to show ancient national spirit.