Describe the ideology of liberalism during early 19th century.
Points to Remember
The ideology of liberalism during 19th century were
- Freedom for individuals and equality before law
- Politically it means Government by consent.
- End of autocracy and clerical privileges
- Government by the people
- Protection against Private property.
We use any 3 points and elaborate on them
Answer to be written in the exam
The ideology of liberalism during the early 19th century was different for all.
- For the middle classes in the 19th century the idea of liberalism means that all individuals are free and are equal before the law .
- Politically it meant that the government which will be coming in power should be appointed by the consent of the people of the nation.
- Before the French revolution, the citizens of France were not having any power and there was monarchy . Hence they had no role in choosing their government. So modern liberalism stands for representative government.