- Auto means Self , Trophos means Nourishment
- The mode of nutrition in which organisms make food for themselves from simple substances , this mode is known as Autotrophic mode.
- Such as plants prepare their own food by the process of photosynthesis by using water and minerals present in the soil. Such organisms are known as Autotrophs .
Example- Wheat plants are autotrophic and the mode of nutrition is known as Autotrophic nutrition
- Heteros means Other , Trophos means Nourishment
- The mode of nutrition in which organisms cannot make food for themselves .They take food from other organisms.
- Such organisms are known as Heterotrophs
Example- Humans eat plants as well as animals. This mode of nutrition is known as Heterotrophic nutrition.