Food in plants can be synthesised in the form of carbohydrates and protiens .
- Plants synthesise Carbohydrates through the process of photosynthesis .
- Carbohydrates are made of Carbon , Hydrogen and Oxygen which helps to synthesise other components of food such as protein and fats.
- Proteins are Nitrogenous substances which contain Nitrogen.
- Plants cannot utilise the Nitrogen present in abundance in the air .
- Soil contains certain bacteria which convert Nitrogen gas into a usable form .
- These are absorbed by the plants along with water.
- Even farmers add fertilisers rich in Nitrogen to the soil.