- Plants absorb minerals and nutrients from soil through the roots.
- As a result the amount of nutrients in the soil decreases .
- Nutrients such as Potassium, Nitrogen, Phosphorus need to be added to the soil periodically.
- Nutrients are replenished in the soil by adding fertilisers and manure .
- Nitrogen can be replenished in the soil by growing leguminous crops like pulses, pea, moong gram after harvesting.
- Rhizobium bacteria cannot make their own food so it lives in roots of leguminous plants.They convert nitrogen present in atmosphere to a usable form and in return plants provide bacteria with food and shelter.
- Thus, they form a symbiotic relationship.
- They can reduce the use of Nitrogenous fertilisers where leguminous plants are grown
How Nutrients are Replenished in the Soil?
Last updated at Aug. 17, 2022 by Teachoo