Green plants make their own food (Carbohydrates) from Carbon dioxide and water in the presence of sunlight and chlorophyll. This process is called photosynthesis
Steps of Photosynthesis
- Leaves have tiny pores called stomata .
- These help take in carbon dioxide and give out oxygen .
- Green leaves have a colour pigment called chlorophyll .
- It helps to capture the sunlight .
- The chlorophyll, carbon dioxide, sunlight and water help to synthesise food . This process is called photosynthesis
- Since sunlight is required for the process, it only occurs during the day .