a. Trace the path a male gamete takes to fertilise a female gamete after being released from the penis.
We know that Male Gamete(sex cells) are called Sperm
- It enters female body through vagina
- From vagina, it moves towards uterus
- From uterus, it moves towards Fallopian tube (oviducts)
- It fertilizes the egg in Fallopian tube
- Hence ,path followed by Sperm
b. State the number of sets of chromosomes present in a zygote.
A zygote is a single cell that is a result of fertilisation between the male and the female gamete .
A Zygote contains 2 sets of 23 chromosomes (Total 46 Chromosomes)