Place an object O in front of mirror M
The ray from Object O reaches mirror at point OA and OB
It is reflected at point OA
Ray from Point OA is reflected goes to direction of AC
Ray from Point OB is reflected and goes to direction of BD
AC and BD are diverging rays,they do not meet(and keep moving farther away from each other)
They meet at Point X
Hence reflection of Image O is Made on the Other side of Mirror at Point X
Properties of Image formed in Mirror
- Image is formed behind the mirror
- Image is Virtual(Not real) and erect.
- Image formed is of same size
- The image formed is at the same distance behind the mirror as the object is in front of it.
- Mirror is laterally inverted(Our left hand appears right and right hand appears left in mirror)