Learn Chapter 10 Class 12 Vector Algebra free with solutions of all NCERT Questions, Examples as well as Supplementary Questions from NCERT.
Suppose we have to go 10km from Point A to Point B.
This 10km is the distance travelled.
It is only value - 10, nothing else.
This is a scalar quantity.
Now, suppose we say,
We go 10 km East from Point A to Point B.
So, we have travelled 10 km East
It has value - 10, and direction - East.
So, this is a vector quantity.
In this chapter, we will talk about vectors. The topics include
- Basics - Difference between scalars and vectors, with example
- Graphical Displacement - Where we represent Displacement like 40 km, 30° East of North, in the Graph.
- We also discuss what is a position vector, and different types of vectors
- Then we learn what happens when a scalar is multiplied to a vector
- We learn what are Equal Vectors and Unit Vectors, and do some questions on them
- Finding Direction Ratios and Direction Cosines
- Then, adding two vectors
- Finding vector joining two points
- Section formula in vectors
- Checking if 3 points make a right angled triangle
- Checking if 2 vectors are collinear
- Checking if 3 points (or vectors) are collinear
- Then, Scalar Product of Vectors and its properties
- Finding projection using scalar product
- Vector product of vectors, and its properties
- Finding area using vector product (Area of parallelogram = Vector Product)
All the questions are solved, with step by step explanation. Click on an exercise or a topic to start learning