At the beginning of this chapter,
- We looked at the basic definition of manufacturing and why manufacturing industries are essential for an economy.
- Then we looked at the contribution of manufacturing to the national economy and what type of location is important for setting up manufacturing industries with some examples.
- After that, we studied how different sectors are classified , and on what basis .
- Then we understood different agro-based and mineral-based industries and the pollution and environmental degradation caused by the industries.
- Finally, we looked at some solutions that can be implemented to prevent pollution with an example to achieve sustainable development.