- Manufacturing refers to the production of finished goods into more valuable products from raw materials with the help of labour, machines etc.
- Paper is manufactured from wood , here paper is a finished good and wood is a raw material.
- Sugar is manufactured from sugarcane , here sugar is a finished good and sugarcane is a raw material.
- People employed in secondary activities manufacture the primary materials into finished goods.
- The workers who are employed in steel factories, cars, breweries, textile industries, bakeries etc.
- The development of manufacturing industries is used to measure the economic strength of a country.